POLAND, INDIA, KOSOVO, HAMBURG & ROME: THE DAYS OF "BEFORE" COVID19.
Now in April my calendar is empty, - no concerts, no CD productions, silence!
Fortunately, in the weeks before, musical life could still take place, - with wonderful premieres and highlights:
- January 2020 an exciting CD production took place in the Philharmony Katovice/Poland: Lukasz Dlugosz and Agata Kielar-Dlugosz (flutes) recorded three compositions with the Filharmonia Slaska: the double concert "Water - Element of Infinity", the "Worlds of Tree/ Baumwelten" and a symphonic flute concert "Pictures of Yang Guifei. The CD will be released by WERGO in June 2020.
- In January 2020 in Puna and then Mumbai (India) was the world premiere of "The Longing - Sehnsucht" for soprano (Julia-Sophie Wagner), clarinet (Jérome Voisin) and piano (Oliver Triendl), which has become an equal counterpart to Franz Schubert's trio "Hirt auf dem Felsen". Coming soon to Schott Publishers.
- February 2020 there was an impressive premiere of my "Elia. The Secret World beyond" as symphonic prologue to Mendelssohn's oratorio Elijah. Hansjörg Albrecht conducted the Philharmonic Orchestra of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck and the C.P.E. Bach Choir Hamburg. Published by Ries & Erler Berlin.
- Also in February I was - as a further trip - in Rome as a jury member of the International Composition Competition "Musica Sacra" to evaluate over 70 scores during an intensive weekend there. Beautiful spring weather and enough time to once again take long walks in Rome, for example in the Forum Romanum.
- March 2020 was the world premiere in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo, of the double concerto "Altai - Traces to Infinity" for violin (Davide Alogna), piccolo trumpet (Otto Sauter) with the Kosovo Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of the Polish conductor Dariusz Mikulski: an emotional work which I composed exactly one year ago and dedicated to my dying mother. And the very personal surprise: the country and people of Kosovo are so likeable and inviting - it was a pure soul massage.
............and then Covid19 had finally arrived in Europe and all concert halls and borders were closed. Music has always been a language across borders and internationally....a heavy blow for musical life and for the presence of the invisible world.
New CD in summer 2020: ..............FLUTE STORIESRecorded in january 2020 in Katowice/Poland and now released in summer 2020: FLUTE STORIES... about Water, Trees, and a Chinese Concubine... with Lukasz Dlugosz & Agata Kielar Dlugosz (flutes) Silesian Chamber Orchestra & Silesian Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra Conductor: Miroslaw Jacek Blaszczyk
Monography ENJOTT SCHNEIDER published as book by Allitera-VerlagIm Juli 2020 neu erschienen: Die Buch-Monographie über ENJOTT SCHNEIDER (im Allitera-Verlag) aus der Reihe Komponisten in Bayern. Dokumente musikalischen Schaffens im 20. und 21. Jahrhundert, Band 66. Es ist ein spannendes Lesebuch über ein ganz und gar der Musik gewidmetes Leben geworden, - mit einem Fototeil.
New CD: KRASNOYARSK COUNTERPOINTSWith Label WERGO (Distribution: NAXOS) released in february 2020: two freshly composed Concertos, - the one with Reinhold Friedrich, who is playing extraordinary with three types of trumpets in the same composition, - the other with an usual combination of instruments in a double concerto. Artem Chirkov (Soloist of St. Peterburg Philharmony) plays his double bass from low to the highest violin-like ranges....And Mikhail Dzyudze, a multitalent beetween Folk, Rock & Classic, plays on his Contrabass-Balalaika... a gigantic and really unknown instrument.
Mai 2020: INSIDE THE WORLD - MUSIK NACH INNENJust for my 70th anniversary released at Label ambiente audio: INSIDE THE WORLD - MUSIK NACH INNEN with some Highlights from the CD-series "Enjott Schneider - Sacred Music"
COMPOSING AGAINST... AND DESPITE THE CORONA-VIRUSTwo "Corona works" were created around the virus, rehearsed via online rehearsals, and soon - finally - played live in the concert hall: For Beijing Symphony Orchestra in China the composition WUHAN 2020 SYMPHONIC POEM FOR ORCHESTRA, and for the Silesian Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra in Katovice/Poland a work "IN MEMORIAM PENDERECKI": MAZURKA TRISTE.